Thursday, July 7, 2011

Better Late Than Never?

I knew this would happen...I would get really pumped up about blogging about all our European adventures and then when it comes down to it...nothing!  I apologize for not posting.  I'm sure you've all been anxiously waiting to hear about what we've been up to and I've just completely left you all hanging.  Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Well, we've been here for a little over a week now and already, the time has been flying by!  Eli and I arrived to London safe and sound, but exhausted.  After a long night's sleep, we got our rental car and drove about 7 hours north to Edinburgh Scotland.  It was a long drive but well worth it!  We had a blast in Edinburgh.  We toured the castle, which is beautiful and full of so much history.  We experienced the one o'clock gun, which is a cannon they shoot of the castle at 1 pm every day.  It was a way to signal the time for sailors who were at sea.  Even though we knew it was coming it totally freaked me out.  Pretty embarrassing, actually.  Tried to add a video but the internet was going in and out, so we gave up on that.

We stayed at an awesome B&B.  The breakfasts were delicious and the rooms were really clean and modern.  No stuffy flowery wallpaper here!  The owners were really nice too.  A younger couple with three boys.  We didn't get to try any haggus (is that how you spell it?) and I couldn't get Eli to buy a kilt, but we did have A LOT of shortbread and listened to a lot of bagpipes playing.  One of my favorite parts though might have been just driving through Scotland.  It's beautiful country.  So green and filled with sheepies!! :)  It reminded me a lot of the Basque Country. 

Next up...Stratford Upon Avon!


In front of Edinburgh Castle

Our car was a Panda!  Shout out to Pablo Sandoval!

Eli with our little Fiat

No comments:

Post a Comment