Thursday, June 23, 2011

Greetings from the desert!

So here I am writing my very first blog!  Forgive me if it's not clever or insightful as I'm new to this whole thing and also, I'm very sensitive and delicate.

 A lot of people thought it would be cool for Eli and I to blog while we're on vacation in Europe, so this trip to Phoenix is sort of my test run.  (Thanks for the tip, Allie!)  We arrived in Phoenix to visit Eli's brother Sean, his wife Michelle and their new baby, Zane!  That's right...Eli and I are officially an uncle and aunt.  And I must say, I think we're pretty awesome at it!  Eli hasn't been nearly as awkward as we thought he'd be.  He's even held Zane a couple times!  Zane is such a sweet baby.  Sean and Michelle are so blessed.  They have Zane on the "babywise" schedule, so the kid is sleeping 9-10 hours a night at less than 3 months old.  Pretty cool, no?

We've mostly been laying low, but it's been fun and relaxing.  We've gone swimming, to the gym, and of course...to Chino Bandido!  This place is heaven!  It's a mix of Chinese and Mexican food with a little bit of Jamaican thrown in.  Now, I know that sounds weird, but trust me...it's soooo delicious!

Eli and baby Zane

Arantxa and Zane at Chino Bandido

Zane pooped out after Chino Bandido

The famous Chino Bandido!


The (kind of racist?) mural at Chino Bandido
Next up...we leave for Europe!  Woohoo!

3 comments:

  1. awaiting your first euro entry - hope you guys are recovering from your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures of you guys and baby Zane! Can't wait to hear about Europe, keep the updates coming :)Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!! Chino bandido!! I love it! Dude, let's get the Europe blog goin on- you got's it going.

    ReplyDelete